Teaching your kids to ride a scooter is not an easy job. You have to take security measures in order to save your child from injuries. If someone wants to teach his child to ride an electric scooter, he is going to need a better electric scooter.
He should make sure that child is wearing a helmet and knees and elbow pads. Everyone who is riding an electric scooter should wear a helmet for his own safety. If someone is learning a new technique or skill like this, he will possibly fall and if he is not wearing helmet and knee pads, he may get hurt. In the beginning, there will be some difficulty in handling and be balancing but everyone has to start like this. So, don’t worry if your child faces difficulties in the beginning.
There is a proverb “practice makes a man perfect”. Your child may fall four to five times at first but ask him to get up and try again. The basic and the important principle of learning to ride a scooter is “try again and again till you succeed”. Here is the step by step guide.
1. Security measures:
- If you want to teach your child to ride a scooter, you should have one. Make sure that its suspensions, battery, motor, screws, handlebars etc. are in good condition.
- Make sure that child is wearing a helmet and possibly knees and elbow pads if necessary. This is just for safety.
2. Learn to balance:
- First, you should ask him to try a freestyle scooter and use a smooth path. Provide directions because any cracks on the roads or rough area may cause trouble in balancing the scooter.
- Ask him to hold the handlebars and put his/her one foot on the deck.
- Ask him to kick, try to balance the scooter and keep his/her other foot in the air as much as possible.
- Ask him to go slowly in the beginning otherwise, he may fall and get hurt.
- If he/she starts slowly, he/she will be confident after four to six-try.
3. Pushing the scooter
Once the child can balance ask him to push forward with one foot on the deck and one foot on the ground. Push the scooter and try to balance both feet on the deck. Ask him to be careful and go slowly at first.
4. Learn to use speed button and brakes
On handlebar of electric scooter, there is the brake on one side and speed button on another side. The button may vary depending on the company and style of the scooter. After learning to balance both feet on the deck, start using speed button and brakes. This is the easy part of learning.
If you follow these steps while teaching your son or daughter to ride an electric scooter, I am sure he/she will learn within one or two days. One thing should be kept in mind while teaching that he/she is wearing a helmet. With time your child will get experience and will start riding on his own.