You can make your yard fun and frolic by allowing your kid busy riding an electric scooter! The frenzied color and designs, especially the latest models are all set to steal the heart of your child, and you will be a free bird to concentrate on your busy domestic activities. But spend some quality time with your kids and assist them to master the trick of riding an electric scooter, if they are too young or below the recommended age bracket to ride an electric scooter. You might be confused by thinking, can a 5-year-old ride on an electric scooter?
It would be a confusing question if your child is just five years and wants to ride an electric scooter. My answer is with an affirmative “yes”, indeed! But it’s not simple enough unless handled with certain safety measures and precautions under parents’ guidance. So in this article, you will find positive feedbacks whether a 5-year-old kid can ride an electric scooter.
Risk-free electric scooter for your 5-year-old lad:
The electric scooters are designed in a variety of models to ensure maximum safety and security for kids on a ride. Besides that, you too must be careful to choose the best electric scooter for your 5 year old kid.
- A frictionless ride with the front wheel: For a smooth and pleasant drive, the front wheel should be larger and wider than normal front wheels to avoid the chances of falling without balance.
- Elevated handlebars: As an electric scooter beginner, it will take a bit time to turn and balance the vehicle. Choose an electric scooter with easy control bars that are adjustable for the safety of your kids. It must be ensured with good grip without any twist.
- Robotic safe breaks: Choose push-button control that makes the vehicle stop with a knee-jerk. It won’t act as a sudden brake thereby reducing the risk of falling and getting hurt.
- A commodious deck: The deck must be wide enough to allow your 5-year-old ward to stand in front position.
If you follow these things in mind, you can give completely a safe ride to your 5-year kid on an electric scooter.
Protective measures to have a dandy ride:
As you look into the present market for the range of products, different manufacturers striving hard to fabricate an electric scooter with different designs and feature to nail down safety and security for kids when they ride on an electric scooter. So follow these safety precautions before you gift one such scooter for your 5-year-old kid.
- Do not leave your kid alone: Always accompany your kid whenever they ride on it. Make your kid ride the scooter on a smooth surface not to get hurt even if he/she falls.
- Give good demonstration for a safe ride: You need to instruct your kid how to handle the scooter in a difficult situation and how to apply brakes, turning the scooter in different directions and also to lower the speed when any vehicles come on the way.
- Prime necessary for a helmet: It is highly recommended by different manufacturers of the electric scooter to use the helmet irrespective of the riders age. For riders safety, it is mandatory to wear helmets that are approved by safety standard specification marks. Therefore, while you purchase an electric scooter, you should also buy the safety gears including helmets.
- Instruct your child to check the fittings: Before leaving your child to take a ride, always check for brakes and wheels and the handlebars. The handlebars should not be bent or twisted or tilted. Care must be taken prior to riding the scooter and instruct your child to check these fittings before riding the scooter and make it a practice.
How to choose the best electric scooter for your 5-year-old kid:
It is not risky or dangerous to give an electric scooter to your kids of just 5 years. If you choose the best with maximum protection, it is going to be an ideal gift for him. Also as a beginner, purchase an electric scooter with safe pulse start that is designed especially for small kids of 5 to 6 years.
You will have the following benefits:
- To help the kid to have a safer ride
- To avert them getting hurt and injury at times.
Electric scooters are undoubtedly the best form of sports entertainment and are advisable to kids of five years and above. They can continue using it for a long period as they grow older. It is one of the best exercises that make them vibrant for the whole day, but adequate safety measures has to be taken under the guidance of parents or elders.
Rather than considering the age factor, it is more important that the child is tall enough to hold the handle of the scooter and has the metal growth and agility to understand the maneuvering skills of riding an electric scooter. If your child has the right height and feels comfortable in holding handlebar, he/she can easily start the scooter; then the age factor is only a statutory instruction printed by the manufacturer. So from technical point of view, a 5-year-oldchild can ride an electric scooter!